CB (Citizens Band) Radio Service comes under the personal radio service that is used for both personal and business use. CB radio differs from the ham radio in how it is used. Ham radio is mostly used for long-distance communication by professionals while the CB radio is used by normal people as a hobby.
The Appearance of Galaxy DX 959
The DX 959 has a large S/RF meter that makes it easy for you to read the readings accurately. The meter is also backlight, so you can easily read the values in the low light conditions too. There are also various knobs present in the front panel for various control features such as volume/power, RF Gain, TalkBack, Mic, Clarifier, etc. These knobs make it easy for you to control the radio.
Features of Galaxy DX 959
The main advantage of the talkback feature is that you will know that your voice is transmitting if you are able to hear your own voice when the talkback feature is turned on.
Support for SSB, PA, and AM mode
The SSB mode also uses the power and the bandwidth of the transmitter more efficiently than the AM mode, so it is good that the DX 959 has support for both the SSB and AM mode. In the PA mode, you can use the DX 959 radio as a public address system.
5 Digit Frequency Counter
The DX 959 has a 5 digit frequcy counter that makes it easy for you to read the values. This also gives you the option to expand the channel and the frequency capabilities of the radio. If you expand the frequency, the 5 digit counter will show the extra frequency that you have increased.
Good Transmission and Receive performance
The reciver is also good with this product. You won’t be disappointed with the transmission and receiver performance of the DX 959 CB Galaxy radio as it has the best hardware in the market. There is also noise/static reducing feature present with this device, so you will not find any difficulty communicating using this radio.
The GNF (Galaxy Noise Filter) and ANL (Automatic Noise Limiter) present in this radio helps to reduce the noise while communication. The GNF limits the high-frequency noise with the weak signals, so you get to have good communication in the SSB mode. The ANL helps to reduce the static and the electric noise in the communication.
The Roger bleep adds a tone at the end of each transmission to let you and the reciver know the communication have been finished. This feature can be turned on or off by pushing the Mic Gain knob.
Advantages of using the DX 959 radio
- The CB DX959 radio comes with 5 digit frequency counter that helps you to expand the frequcy channels of this radio.
- The DX 959 radio is easy to configure and setup. You can also set this radio in your car using the mounting hardware that is included with this purchase.
- You get an excellent audio quality with this radio as it has a good tranmitter/receiver. There is also different noise control features with this radio that improves the audio quality of your commuication.
- It has a big S/RF meter that makes it easy for you to read the values.
- The DX 959 radio has support for the SSB mode that offer many advantages over the AM mode like efficient power and bandwidth use, etc.
- There are differnt controls and knobs present in the front panel that helps you to easily control this CB radio.
Disadvantages of using the DX 959 radio
- As it has a big S/RF meter, the physical size of this CB radio is big. You might find some difficulty using this radio in constrained space.
- SSB drift happens with this CB radio when it is cold.
- The control knobs could have been made from higher quality materials.
Packed with many useful features, the DX 959 model from Galxy radios is surely one of the best CB radios in the market. If you can get over the big size of this CB radio, then you will get most value by using the DX 959 CB radio from Galaxy radios.